Your network, the relationships you have with people can really change your life and your business.
The problem with networking though, especially when starting out, is that some bloggers, podcasters and small business owners try to connect with A-Listers, the people they follow and respect. However, they go about it the wrong way and end up being completely ignored.
Other people, on the other hand, simply don’t value their network because they feel they’re lacking time to growing it and to keep in contact with the people they know.
But, as we’re going to discuss today, building a great network can even be done spending only 10-15 minutes a day.
In this episode, we’re joined by entrepreneur, author and networking wizard Mark Sieverkropp. Named “One of 50 Professional Networking Experts to Watch in 2015” by Forbes, he blogs about communication and how to start connecting with others at www.sieverkropp.com. Mark is also the host of Real World Networking Podcast and the author of Project: Success – How to Break Barriers and Bring Your Ideas to Life, as well as Start a Conversation With Anyone, Anywhere.
Mark joins us to talk about how to build a network of long-lasting connections. Whether you’re just starting out and are looking to build a network or you already have a network and want to expand it, there’s value for you here!
In This Episode We Talk About:
- Mark’s tips for building connections from scratch
- The “secret sauce” to start conversation with anyone
- How to network when you’re short on time
- How Mark manages to keep in touch with all the people who are part of his network (and how you can do the same!)
Resources, Links, People Mentioned:
- www.sieverkropp.com (Mark’s website)
- Start a Conversation With Anyone, Anywhere (click the tile to get your FREE copy!)
- @ (Mark on Twitter)
- @yannick_ilunga (Yann on Twitter)
- Real World Networking Podcast (Mark’s podcast)
- My FREE Podcasting Bootcamp